Friday, May 8, 2015

I Quit

Today has been a heck of a day.

I got up and did my usual morning routine.  Got the kids ready and dropped off at daycare.  Drove into work and quit my job 5 minutes later.

It started yesterday when I was picking up Z from daycare and got a call from a driver.  I never gave a driver my PERSONAL number.  As a matter of fact I had told another driver to call the boss to relay me a message if needed.  So I called the boss we got into it for a few minutes and I just hung up on him and blocked his number...and the other bosses numbers.

I came in this morning as normal and got a "can we talk about this outside".  Yup I got yelled at for not being a team player, not being "available" to answer my phone even during my off hours, etc.  I was told to change my attitude or quit so I did.  

Yup I quit my job because I think that it is wrong to give out employees personal numbers to other people as well as expecting them to be available to you 24/7.  

It is one thing for him to call me after hours but to give out my number to someone else is what I had the issue with.  When I tried to explain that I was met with more yelling.

But, after some tears and being pissed at myself for quitting before I found something else I feel much better.  I feel like a whole tin of stress has been lifted.  I feel free...

Now I just need to find a job that I love and treats me with the respect that I deserve.  Ok, and the paycheck that reflects that too.


3 comments:

  1. you go girl...and you're absolutely correct that your PRIVATE number is just that, private...if a employer expects you to answer any at any time then they should provide the phone....so you did right...oh, btw...wrong song...listen to it...lol...he says (I paraphrase), when I have the guts to say take this job and shove it...I always think it's cool how people miss that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that line is in the song but I was unable to find another song that was about quitting my job.

      Delete
  2. Thanks Echo, now I just have to find better.

    ReplyDelete