Thursday, July 23, 2015

Hasea Chronicles

Wow it has been a while since I did a review.  Incase you forgot My name is K and I am Cindy's oldest son.  I am 15 years old and starting my freshman year of high school this fall.

Anyway, I am not here to chit chat I am here to talk to you about my latest book review.  This one is actually a 3 book series so far and I just got to read all 3.



They are all by Stuart Meczes.  The first one is called the Awakening and it is $2.99 on Amazon here.



Book 2 is called The Veil Corruption and that is $3.99 on Amazon here.



Book 3 is actually a prequel or book 0 but, it is called Without a Heartbeat and this one is $3.99 on amazon as well here is the link.

I thought that these were an amazing collection of books to read.  I rank it up there with Narnia, Harry Potter, and Lord of the Rings when it comes to fantasy novels.

I really enjoyed the fact that the author told the origin stories of some of the characters.  I like this because it makes them seem more 3-dimensional and more relatable.

A dislike I had was that there were many errors.  Like, editing notes, misspelled words, missing words, extra words, and words needlessly bolded.  I found these very distracting .  Most of these were in book 2 but the other 2 books had issues as well.

The Awakening is about a boy named Alexander Eden.  He lives in London with his mom, stepdad, and half-brother Mikey.  Alexander gets bullied every day.  One day he wakes up with super powers.  After nearly beating one of his bullies to death a friend steps in and takes him to a secret organisation called Human and Supernatural Entity Alliance (HASEA).  There he learns things about Earth that he never thought would be possible.

The Veil: Corruption picks up six months after the last book ended.  Now Alex is hearing voices in his head telling him to do bad things.  What will happen to Alex now?

Without a Heartbeat is about another HASEA character called Scarlett.  She is living in Ireland in 1872 and gets bitten by a vampire.  She kills her employer and almost kills her family and that is when HASEA steps in.

I hope that you check out these books and enjoy them as much as I did.  I am starting my next book on Monday so I hope to see you again soon.

K

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment