Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Son of Empire

Hey its me K back like I promised.  This is the last book that I had in my queue so if you are looking for someone to read and review your book just let me know.



This one is called Guy Erma & the Son of Empire by Sally Ann Melia and you can get this book right now for $0.99 on Amazon here.

I only had 2 dislikes with this book and both were that I had some unanswered questions.

1.   I was wondering did the liquid fire destroy all cy-sect nests?
2.   There were way too many plot lines to follow.

One like I had is that the author explained how the prince was so easily captured.  I liked it because it showed how a plan can be properly executed to set a story in motion.

I am copying the description from Amazon because after reading theirs I decided that it is way better than the one I had written.


Guy Erma and the Son of Empire is a new action adventure, set a long time ago on a planet far far away.

Do I trust you? Dare I trust you?

13-year-old Teodor knows his duty to the memory of his father and his kingdom, he must help those less fortunate than himself. He must also impress his uncle the Emperor if he is ever to become the Son of Empire. A frightening nightmare fills him with foreboding, but still he must go - into the Dome.
13-year-old Guy Erma lives in the shadow of the Dome, he has no father and no mother and his future is uncertain, he must start earning a living soon. He knows not where he will live or even how he will eat, and his only dream is to be accepted in the military academy - at the heart of the Dome.

Two boys as different as any two boys might be. One act of cruelty will throw their lives together, but who dare they trust?

The Empire of Freyne is a newcomer to the United Races. As a developing race, the thirteen-planet empire is of interest to other galactic races, not all of this interest is friendly. The Dome Elite is a force of space marines whose defensive actions and adventures defend Freyne and its neighbours from hostile alien pirates and acquisitive space brigands, so allowing the inhabitants to sleep soundly at night.
For the young men and women of Domeside, to be a part of the Dome Elite, you need to master the maths and technology associated with space warfare and also to be fierce fighter who can fight in confined spaces with short sharp blades. When you are in Dome Elite, you are the best!
Meanwhile politicians and imperial rulers know that whosoever controls the Dome Elite, who decides their mandate and mission also controls the empire. You have to inspire and lead the men, to have and hold the right alien alliances and legal treaties. When you own the Dome Elite. you are in power!

The Dome Elite Authorities accept no responsibility for injury or death of civilians entering into inappropriate contact with the Battle Borgs of Dome.

When you fight fearsome aliens who have advanced technology and are innately cruel to lessor species, how many men must die? What kind of warriors do you need? You need those who are not afraid to die. Those who have been tried in battle before. Those who are superhuman with cybernetic limbs and implanted weapons. You need dead heroes reincarnated as cyborgs. These are the Battle Borgs of Dome Elite.
Lock up your women and children! These Borgs retain human instincts but know not their own fierceness and strength.
Who holds the safe words? Part men part machine, the Battle Borgs are programmed with safe words, words that control them for use by their leaders and lords. Who controls those words, controls the borgs!

" Someone somewhere had decided Sas Darona plague could be used as a weapon." Karl Valvanchi muses, "Yet practically unstoppable and growing exponentially these plague weapons went beyond deadly. They were planet-killers."

The paths of Teodor Freyne and Guy Erma inevitably cross, their fate becomes that of the Empire they were born to when they discover a hidden terror.


See this is why I wanted to read this book and why I hope that you check it out too.

I hope to be able to chat with you again soon,
K

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment