Tuesday, December 30, 2014

2015 Goals

I sat down today and made a list of all the things I want to accomplish in 2015.  

#1  Quit smoking - I have been smoking for almost 20 years and it is about time I quit this crap.

#2  Take the kids on a "real" vacation.  We have never gone anywhere other than w weekend trip.       Daycare is closed for the July 4th week so I have already requested it off of work so I want to take them on a trip and do things like museums and zoos.

#3  Save $100 a week or $200 a paycheck.  The only way we can afford to take a vacation is if we start saving money now.  With the money I save from not smoking this should be do able.

#4  Have a family night once a week.  Even if it is just hanging out and watching TV together we just need to actually spend time as a family.

#5  Date night once a month.  D and I never go out without children these days.  Sometimes we just need to get away for an hour or so to talk like grown-ups about the kids lol.

#6  Get at least 10 of my 30 or so unfinished knitting projects done.  Some of these things have been sitting for 5 years or more and I just need to rip them out or finish them already.

#7  Get my yarn stash under control.  I have yarn everywhere.  It is in my living room, under my bed, it takes up my whole closet, it is in the basement in boxes that were never unpacked when we moved in here.  I just need to not buy yarn for a while.  Yea right that will never happen but I need to work on it lol.

#8  Get 10 pair of socks done.  Basically it is one pair for birthday and one pair for Christmas for each of us.  I did this one last year and I plan to do it again this year.

#9  Get rid of 1 garbage bag of stuff each month.  No, I don't mean garbage I mean things that are in boxes from the move, stuff that we have grown out of, stuff that is broken, just stuff we don't use or want anymore.

#10 Get my blog to 500 views a month.  I figure I started my blog around 6 months ago and for December so far I am at 200 views so 500 doesn't seem that farfetched.  

So these are my 10 goals for 2015.  Some are easier to accomplish than others but I hope that I am successful at them all.  They are in order by priority to me so if I don't make it to 500 views a month I am not going to give up just try to do better the next month.  

What are your goals for 2015?

3 comments: