Thursday, January 29, 2015

Help Us Decide

Day one without cable has taken some getting used to.  I don't think that any of us knew what to do to kill time.



K and G did some reading on their tablets after they got their homework done.



D worked on testing his new meat thermometer/timer.  We are still working on getting the review together but keep an eye out for it.  While he is using it we are having some delicious meals so I am not going to complain lol.



I worked on G's police blanket as usual.  Right now I think it looks a lot like johnny 5 from Short Circuit lol.



Yes we own both movies and watch them very regularly along with Batteries Not Included.

We are also looking into getting streaming video service of some kind.  The ones we are considering are Amazon Prime, Netflix, and Hulu Plus.



Amazon Prime for the streaming video, kindle library, and 2 day shipping make it very appealing.



Netflix for streaming and DVD rentals looks good but it is more expensive than Amazon.  As well as I hear that it takes a while to be able to get TV episodes.



Hulu Plus because they get TV episodes next day but, I hear that their movie selection isn't the greatest.

So I ask you my rear friends which have you tried?  Is there one that you recommend?  Do I stay away from one of them for a reason?

We plan to use the Wii to stream them on as well as some occasional android tablet use.

6 comments:

  1. Well, We have Amazon Prime and it is AWESOME for shipping. However, we have Netflix too and totally prefer that for movies and shows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have talked to a few people and we are seriously eyeing Hulu now

      Delete
  2. I'm interested in what you find out. I may be in the market for something along these lines myself. Thanks for sharing at the #HomeMattersParty :) Hope to see you again next week.

    ~Lorelai
    Life With Lorelai

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We cancelled cable and have the same as Echo. Use Netflix for tv/movies and love Amazon 2 day shipping and Kindle library. Thanks for sharing with Small Victories Sunday linkup.

      Delete
    2. I do like the idea of 2 day shipping hmmm...

      Delete