Monday, January 26, 2015

Cream Cheese Wontons

I got a call at 5:45 this morning that daycare was going to be closed today.  I guess her friend had a heart attack last night and she just got home from the hospital at 5 this morning.  The friend is currently in a coma and they plan to try to wake her tomorrow.  Daycare is on so I guess she wants to try to keep her mind occupied and try to visit her friend tomorrow evening.  Out daycare lady and her friend have not been far from my thoughts and prayers all day and if you have a prayer to share please say one for my friends friend.



I normally drop the kids off at 6:30 on my way to work so this kind of left me in a pinch.  I texted my boss at 6 and at 7 texted my Mom to see if she was awake.  She texted back right away and said that she was but not dressed yet so I figured it was ok to call her.  She got dressed and rushed to my house on the other side of the metro area in rush hour just to help me out.  I made it to work only 2 hours late so I get to skip lunch all week so I don't have a short paycheck to go with this mess.



So I just want to say thanks Mom for saving my butt today.  No matter how old I get you are still there for me when I need you.



This evening we finally got the chance to try making cream cheese wontons in the deep fryer.  These things are the only reason I wanted a deep fryer lol.



So we tried this recipe.  They turned out ok.  They tasted more like cheese cake than wontons.  As in they were way sweeter than we wanted.  The kids really seemed to like them anyway.


I think that if we make them again we will just do cream cheese only.  The sugar made them too sweet and the egg made them too fluffy.  They were a little time consuming to make as well.


So what did we make to go with the wontons you ask?  Well, we made good old Hamburger Helper Cheesy Italian Shells.  Is Asian Italian a good food combination?  I am still undecided but whatever it was food.


Even with all the stress of this morning I still managed to survive the day without a smoke so I am at 26 days and still going strong.

1 comment: