Sunday, January 3, 2016

Weaving

I was back on the loom again today.  I was planning to make a hounds tooth pattern which was supposed to look something like this.


I figured that I needed to so a 2x2 stripe sequence.  I warped my loom to make a scarf.



I got it all warped and ready to go.




But, when I started weaving it didn't take me long at all that I wasn't getting the results that I was hoping for.


I was making gingham not houndstooth.  I was disappointed but I continued on because it still looked ok.


So I wove and wove and wove some more.


In the end I got a cool looking scarf that is a wee bit long as in over 7 feet long but I had fun and I get to say yes it is a cool looking scarf and I made it myself.


I also made a Star Wars bag for K because he wanted one.

I am not sure what I will make next but you can bet that I am going to try for houndstooth again and this time I know where I went wrong.

As always if you know of any knitting, weaving, or sewing patterns that I could try don't hesitate to let me know.  I am always looking to try a new craft project.

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment