Sunday, December 27, 2015

Resurrection

I am at a better place in my life again and I am going to resurrect my little blog here.  I am into all things parenting and crafting so that is the path that I am going to take from here.

I just got a sewing machine for Christmas and have not sewn anything since jr high so I am going to share my successes and failures with that.


She is a Janome 234 and she is mine all mine hahaha.

I spent the day today hitting up the Walmart twice for supplies but did manage to whip up a few project bags of assorted colors.  I found the free pattern here.


The ugly one on the left was made from scrap fabric that I got yesterday from the mother-in-law.  The peace sign Z picked out, TMNT is G's, and mine is the sweet sugar skull one.

I am not sure what I am going to make next so if you have any suggestions for a beginner I would love to try them.

I also got my very first weaving loom.  I have never done anything more than a loop potholder on the little red loom before so I was super anxious to try it out.


It is a 15" Cricket loom made by Schacht.  I actually tried this out yesterday.  Sorry avid sewers but the loom is way more interesting.


I used the 2 balls of yarn included in the box to make the beginner scarf pattern in the directions.  I am not thrilled with the color combo but it is live with able.


Z already decided it was hers anyways.

So same as with the sewing thing I am now looking for beginner rigid heddle weaving loom patterns or book suggestions.

I am still sticking with knitting as my primary hobby but I am anxious to add other crafts to my list as well.

I hope to have this year's additions to our trip blankets completed and ready to post soon so keep an eye out.  They are starting to become lap blankets instead of doll blankets lol.

I am so glad that life has settled down a bit with my new job so I can get back to sharing my life with everyone out there.

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment