Monday, July 4, 2016

Vacation

I have been super busy working overtime at work to be able to take the kids on a fun vacation this year and as a result I haven't even had time to work on all of my craft projects much less update you on how I am doing on all of them.

We got home from our week vacation to the UP of Michigan on Saturday and I have been spending my time doing laundry, putting stuff away, and trying to potty train Z.

So on to projects...


I went to Shepherd's Harvest with my mom and bought a Kuku Doll kit for Z.  I shouldn't call this done because it is not felted yet but I will anyway.


I bought the Wonderful Wallaby pattern and made one for Z.  This is called Willie Wallaby which is what they call a size 4.  I used 3 skeins of Plymouth Jelli Beenz yarn in the Red colorway.


I finished my socks that I have been working on for almost a year.  It is my standard go to pattern from Ann Budd for 7 sts per inch.  The yarn is Lang Jawoll in an unknown colorway.


I made a quilt for Z.  It is made with 7 different Thomas & Friends fabrics that we found at our local Walmart.  3 were on clearance and that's how this thing started.  Z is a huge Thomas fan and if you have one who is into him as well Z is always looking for someone to trade her duplicate minis with.


While on vacation G decided that because Z collects pins he is going to collect patches.  We are not sure what we are going to do with them yet so for right now they are in a shadow box that we picked up at Joann Fabrics yesterday.

So on to what I am working on now...


A Wallaby sweater for G.  This yarn we picked up in Marquette Michigan while we were on vacation.


My next pair of socks.  This pattern I got from the Socks a La Carte knitting book.  The pattern I am using is called Welt.


The last one for today is an English Paper Pieced quilt that I have been tinkering with for a couple of months now.  I picked it from Connecting Threads.

So just for fun I am going to throw in some vacation pics.








I hope to be back to my once a week now so check back soon.

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment