Monday, February 15, 2016

Valentine's Day

So this weekend was Valentine's day.  Now I am not a fan of the overly romantic holiday so D and I just spent the weekend like we normally do.

So on Saturday is when we did the dinner thing.  Well...in our case we went out to a brunch buffet but it still counts lol.


On the way back we stopped at some thrift stores and a used book store.  I got a couple of new to me quilting books to flip through.


I finished the quilting part of my first quilt.


I even had some time to make some rice hand warmers for work.  I even saved the link to the pattern so you can make some of these too.


On Sunday we took Z to the giant sandbox at the Zoo.  She had a blast playing with the toys and looking at all of the animals.


D and I did exchange gifts.  I got him a new t-shirt and he got me my very first weaving book.  I am so excited to try out some new patterns later this week.


To top off the weekend I found the fabric that I think will be just right for the border of my quilt.

What a great weekend.  What about you did you do anything special?

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment